THE INTRO POST — NEW CONTENT ALERT / EXCITING TIMES AHEAD / PREPARE TO BE ALMOST MODERATELY ENTERTAINED OCCASIONALLY
This is the intro post. Soon I’m going to be sharing a lot more posts. This post is to tell you what all these upcoming posts are about. Seems a bit unnecessary now i think of it, but i guess you gotta start somewhere.
WELL, WHAT ARE ALL THESE (RUMOURED) UPCOMING POSTS ALL ABOUT?! YOU MAY WELL ASK.
Well, you see: not that you can tell by looking at my handsome face, or dangerously shredded guns, but I’m a slightly flawed individual.
Over the past 4/5 years, I’ve set out to do a few major (to me) projects which I’ve been very excited about.
I’ve started strong with many flurries of activity, But one thing has led to another and I’ve never really finished anything. Basically I end up spending all day long training clients and don’t get round to finishing these large projects.
Over the last few years, I’ve spent hours and hours working on The Strength Sessions Programme, on my habit / habit based strength training system, and of course on my very excellent (in theory) majorly updated mega nutrition guide.
I am very busy and all that — training people all day every day. So that’s my excuse, and a nice problem to have.
But, alas, I’ve decided it’s actually time to actually, you know, publish some stuff, and produce something useful that actually helps people. (I accept that I probably used the word ‘actually twice too many times there).
So I have a new personal challenge:
I hear by solemnly swear to publish two mini blog posts per day, right here on the instagram thingy.
For a year.
(That’s how long it takes for the sun to go round the earth).
(Except maybe the weekends)
No more big projects that don’t get done. Just start now, get publishing now and make everything public as I go.
This way I can avoid my usual pitfalls and make stuff happen, even though, with the larger projects, much of it will of course seem incomplete and not as useful as it could be until I have a couple of hundred posts out.
But hey, this is probably the only way I’ll get it done at all. So I’m doing it and that’s that, you can’t stop me. It will all link together beautifully in the end I tell you.
With this new system / challenge I feel I can finally accomplish a few goals I have burning deep inside of me:
- Erm, I just kinda fancied a new project.
- To zctually make my projects useful to real people in the real world.
- To help my clients more and continue to build a nice community of folks who enjoy The Strength Sessions programme.
- To get better at clearly and concisely communicating useful info, knowledge and skills to my clients.
- To improve my research, retention and communication skillz.
- To help people understand nutrition and boost their health in this crucial time of propaganda and misinformation.
- To pretend I’m working extra and get out of the housework during lockdown.
- Have some fun learning some graphic design skills to justify the unnecessarily large amount of cash I’ve spent on my iPads. (Yep, plural.)
So that’s what this new frequent blog / instagramming / facebooking or whatever else I’m doing is all about. I hope you enjoy it.